The arts are essential to the education of the whole person. Therefore the arts play an intricate role in our educational process. There are opportunities in the visual and performing arts.
Musicians and hopeful musicians of all skill levels perform in our music groups.
- The Beginning Band is designed for those with an interest in band but no previous experience. It is often the gateway to the more advanced bands. Even at this stage progress is so rapid that mini-concerts are held for parents and other interested parties
- Intermediate Band is designed for young players who have some skill in performing but have not yet mastered an instrument
- The Concert Band is committed to a variety of learning experiences. They are an excellent marching band performing in numerous parades. The Concert Band plays sacred music for a number area churches. They also perform classical and secular tunes. They participate in a musical showcase each year
- The award winning Bops are a high energy Jazz choir
- The award winning Jazzman Band performs at various school functions and social functions around Los Angeles. They have toured extensively and received a 96% rating in the Festival at Sea, a cruise to Ensenada. The Jazzman Band is by audition only
- The Concert Choiralso performs a variety of music from sacred to secular. There are numerous opportunities for solos and duets. The choir performs at numerous church services throughout the Valley
Students may also audition to participate in our show choirs, Bops or Melody Makers, which incorporate extensive choreography along with popular and contemporary music. All of these groups show the breadth of our program and are open to grades 7-12.
Another performing art is Drama. Students may enroll in a one-semester course in dramatic techniques and/or they can perform in our fall and spring productions. Productions vary from comedy to mystery, to musical and have included Peter Pan, The Pied Piper, Alice in Wonderland, Jan Eyre, Harry, Oliver Twist, and Little Shop of Horrors.