Concordia Schools - Built Upon the Bedrock of Faith
Concordia Jr/Sr High is one of the two Concordia Schools located in the greater San Fernando Valley. The Concordia schools were all Lutheran schools originally working as independent educational ministries of local congregations, a tradition of Lutheran Churches dating back to 1847. Recognizing the need to adapt to the changing social, political and economic landscape of the San Fernando Valley area, the leadership of the Lutheran High School Association of Southern California the other local Lutheran schools began discussions on a merger project. The schools merged together in the summer of 2011 to form The Concordia Schools. Concordia- Granada Hills (Formerly, Our Savior’s First Lutheran) has been at the same location, faithfully serving families with students from kindergarten through 6th grade since 1954. Concordia Jr./Sr. High School (Formerly Los Angeles Lutheran High) opened its doors in 1953. Together as a system of schools, the Association now serves the community as The Concordia Schools, continuing to bring the highest quality Christian education to the families in our communities at an affordable price.
Concordia Schools is proud to continue the heritage of education and Godly service that has formed the foundations of our ministry on the prayers and labor of many generations of faithful believers.
To God be the glory!
Click on the link below to read about the first 70 years in the history of The Lutheran High School Association of Southern California,
now The Concordia Schools, which has been providing excellent, Christ-centered, education since 1943.